Charlotte, NC, US
Position: General Manager, North America Operations Center
Location: Charlotte, NC
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation: Industry leading & commensurate with experience
Who We Are
Wiz is a tech-enabled freight forwarding platform for modern day logistics. Our team of “Wizards” with deep expertise in global supply chains make international shipping efficient, hassle-free, customized and highly visible for businesses. Our proprietary AI/ML powered disruptive technology is rethinking global freight forwarding for the digital age and bringing incredible cost savings, speed and efficiency to our customers’ doorsteps.
Wiz is led by industry experts from such global giants as DHL, Damco, AP Moeller Maersk, M+R Spedag, CH Robinson and Agility and our leadership team injects over 200 years of combined expertise into our clients’ supply chains across the world. With North America headquarters in Charlotte, NC and a vast and ever-growing network of offices in India, Southeast Asia, Asia Pacific, Middle East and a series of planned acquisitions and expansions across all continents, Wiz is quickly looking to ramp up its global presence to bring our cutting-edge proprietary technology to the doorstep of every American shipper.
At Wiz, we create a healthy culture of collaboration & innovation & foster an environment where our Wizards have a defined path for growth & success. We do not subscribe to the archaic and unfair practice of non-compete agreements.
We are currently seeking a General Manager who can develop and foster an innovative, solution-oriented and adaptable work environment that promotes employee engagement, builds bridges across our global network, helps establish the Wiz brand in North America and provides outstanding customer service in all areas of our rapidly expanding business.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establish the Wiz North America Operations center by hiring world class, customer centric “Wizards”
· Implement our proprietary internal & external platform for the North American market
· Provide leadership in operational excellence, P&L management, customer relations, continuous improvement & staff development, with ongoing training and guidance
· Nurture strong and seamless relationships across our global network
· Oversee pricing, quoting and the overall billing process & assist with rate and service level negotiations with at the local level
· Partner with corporate leaders, service providers and partners to provide a seamless client experience
· Assist the sales teams in all aspects of pre and after sales activities including providing operational assistance to account managers in America and across the globe
· Promote and continuously improve an environment of compliance and regulatory controls
Desired Skills & Experience:
· 7-10 years of experience in a managerial role in international freight forwarding
· 5 years of active P&L leadership and management/supervisory roles
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in supply chain management, logistics transportation, data analytics, business, communications or a related field of study
· Ability for sound judgement and sensibility during stressful and demanding situations
· Strong understanding of technology tools and experience with reputable logistics operating systems
Wiz Freight and its parent company Radar Ventures are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Trouble submitting this form? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org